Saturday, July 28, 2012

Romantic

Fun times in the romantic cities of Verona and Venice. Jackie, Terry and I are the adventurers; three women staying in Italy for some time, driven to live out their dreams.  Verona received us for a quick tour around the city and the opera Aida in the evening at the Arena.  The opera started at 9:30 pm and went until 1:30 am.  It was perfect, the atmosphere, the summer night, the music, being in Verona...


























1:30 am- wow!  totally moist and exhausted after the evening stroll around Venice. Loved it this evening, being in the cool night air, seeing the night city, rubbing shoulders with people from all over the world. Finding our way back to the bus station with two minutes to spare.  So glad I came just for tonight. 





I ordered cuddle fish - local to Venice. It came tentacles and all.  Yeah I was a little nervous, not gonna lie. I took a bite and it was good, not slimy or rubbery like I expected. And I ate the whole thing (with a little help from Terry). 




Memories have the power to roll over you and give you the full bodied experience. I think about the stash I have from this trip. Riding a train from Venice to Milan (the same route that I took when I arrived in Italy, Venice was just a mystery then).  Listening to "let the good times roll" by B.B. King, glancing at the scenes on either side of me- fields of corn and grapevine, hill cities in the distance, green, gold, blue, purple.  Me on a train in Italy, where I have been for 3 months!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment