Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bologna Italy
A beautiful COLD day for a walk around a Medieval city. I went as a guest on a tour with about 29 women as a fundraiser for Projecto Itiaca (like NAMI).

We got to have lunch in the house of this rich, rich couple who have turned their place into a modern art gallery.  Everything, I mean everything (even the toilet) was a work of art. Here is a link to a news story with footage - I felt like a pretty big deal:)   http://video.corriere.it/?vxSiteId=404a0ad6-6216-4e10-abfe-f4f6959487fd&vxChannel=Cultura&vxClipId=2524_365ee19e-f3a9-11dd-a8aa-00144f02aabc&vxBitrate=300

 

 

There was a sculpture that captured my attention in a church, done in the 15th century - "The Mourning of Christ" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5BPUvUUQY.  I found a video of it, it was so emotional to see. I liked how the sculpture captured some of the emotions of losing someone you love. It meant a lot to me thinking about the people I have worked with.
Thanks Gugghi and Emanuala for being my new friends. 

Now today I have spent too much money- bought a new dress and sweater, scarf, and jewelry at a fair that Carola was selling her children's clothes she designs.  It was fun being kind of frivolous.  Maybe I need a daily allowance.

No comments:

Post a Comment