Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mission

Just 18 short years ago I was in the process of deciding to go on a mission.  I am so glad I did!  I have enjoyed turning my mission memories digital. 

Reading my mission call - BRAZIL!!!   Recife South Mission
The family goodbye at the MTC
My first companion Sister Mcknight
MTC district
Cows in the road- Cajuedo Seco, Recife
 
 Sister Santos and I, baptism of Edward - Siquero Campos, Aracaju
Sister Izu in Massangana, Recife
  
Sister Hodge - Sao Miguel dos Campos, Alagoas
  
Baptism of 12 people, with S. Ferriera - Sao Miguel
 
 The church at Sao Miguel
 Marriage and baptism of Monica- Sao Miguel
Branch activity - Sao Miguel
Sister Lima at the beach
 

Cana (sugar cane)

I pray that our voices, memories of love and service may always be in the air as the burning cana. 
That the nostalgia may enter in and stir us to a sweet remembrance of our Lord, and His just ways.
That armed with more courage, hope, strength, determination and love we may overcome and follow the footsteps of happiness. 
That with privilege the Lord will grant His blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment